Keratsini is a large suburb of Piraeus and also component of the Athens city complex. The distance from the facility of Athens is about 11 km. The location was previously a farmhouse, however it was strongly urbanized, mostly after the 1950s. The main square of Evgenia is embellished by the statuary of the Asia Minor, which was set up in memory of the evacuees from the Asia Minor Disaster settled in the location. Pavlos Fissa Avenue is the commercial area of the city with lots of stores.
The Ancient Times
Key Entry: I am
The initial negotiation of the Town was built on the hill of Agios Georgios Hillside at a point positive to the opportunity of raids and presence mixed-up. The structures alongside the church of St. George and also the various locates offer evidence that the very first negotiation in the area was developed around 3000 BC. The name of the location was Thymedata as well as was surrounding with the piratical settlement of Heracles, both of which came from Ancient Athens. The settlement was found on the current Opportunity of Democracy, which attaches Piraeus, Keratsini and https://newspro.gr/ochi-sto-xepoylima-toy-keratsinioy-kai-tis-drapetsonas Perama and the facility of Athens. It is guessed that Theseus constructed his ships there, based upon Plutarch’s reference to the Identical Life. The website was deserted briefly when Xerxes settled there.
The history of the Town throughout the Roman and also Byzantine periods is unknown. In the 17th century, on capital of Agios Georgios was built the very first church in the name of Saint Nicholas. The monks of the monastery of Agios Spyridon called the location from Agios Dionysios (old limits) to the hill of Agios Georgios Agriamen. However, this name did not dominate. The official name, both in Footrest and also Greek papers, was Keratsinion or Tseratsinion, with the latter being more common. The first one dominated in the Modern Greek durations. The name Keratsinion is an intricate word from the Kerathia that grew there and also from the name of the owner of the entire area from capital of Agios Georgios to the Manitica and also from today’s burial ground of Anastasios to Drapetsona, called Ginis or Gynis.
During the Greek Revolution, Georgios Karaiskakis, who built the strongholds in Tabouria, cleared up in Keratsini. In 1827 the city was ruined by Kioutachis Pasha and continued to be deserted till 1830. In 1836 the residents started to work out once again and also in 1840 the area (now called New town of Tseratsini) came from the District of Athens. In 1870 it came to be an autonomous neighborhood called Keratsini Village. The https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/?search=keratsini Piraeus, in honor of Karaiskakis, built a holy place next to the church of Agios Nikolaos. In 1879 the website was restored and also converted into a monastery. In 1963, the holy place was damaged and a boy was integrated in 2000. Yearly, the “Karaiskakia” is arranged by the Holy Church of St. George, wanting to honor the Revolutionary Hero, George Karaiskakis.
After the arrival of the refugees from Smyrna on 18 January 1934 the location was transformed right into a town called the Town of Tabouri. Later on it was relabelled to the Municipality of Agios Georgios Keratsini, and also from 1936 to 1947 the town was called the Community of Amfialis on the initiative of the then mayor, Konstantinos Filandrou. In 1947 the here and now name was established, the District of Keratsini.
In Keratsini, on 13 October 1944, the Fight of Electric, a dispute in between ELAS as well as armed workers and also various other people on the one hand and also the pulling back German conquerors on the various other. The triumph of the previous stopped the devastation of the nuclear power plant, which the last attempted to explode. The destruction of the plant would make it difficult for the container to be electrified for a long time. There is an exhibit of the Historic Archive of PPC as well as a memorial to the dead fighters has actually been erected.
Leoforos Dimokratis - Keratsini
The Town of Keratsini is connected with the municipality of Drapetsona in 2011 as well as various other districts in Greece.